Monday, 4 April 2016

It's gotten TOO far...

It's very unusual of me to publish 2 blog posts in a day, as I don't want to bore you all but this evening while checking up on twitter I came across a tweet which immediately worked me up and question the fashion industry. Just a slight warning, this will be a ranting post so if you arent into this sort of thing then please click away! So a bikini and beach accessory shop that follows me sold some beautiful pieces including stunning costumes, and thought out designs but this one tweet screwed my head on a different way, made me consider about what everything has come to. What I mean by this is something I stand very strongly against, photoshopping.

Yes, Its been done for years now and before that people were airbrushed which still is carried on today, but in general it has only become a bigger thing in the last half decade or so. I am going to add a screenshot now of what the tweet was, to give you an idea of what I am on about!


Sorry for the slight burr, but I mean you can clearly see the alterations they made to the image. The fact that her stomach is the size of her calf is a big giveaway. Now as someone with a history of eating issues, I know for a fact that this is the sort of thing which makes you think that you have to be that size to look good in something, and that this is the sort of figure guys and girls are looking for. To those with a partner, I'm sure if you ask your partner that they will be far from ok with you developing an eating disorder or extreme/unrealistic views on what your body should look like due to images that are everywhere.

It has gotten to the time where I am actually very uncertain of what the future holds in the fashion and editing industry, I mean we all love to feel better about ourselves but do you want someone editing a picture of you which makes you look unidentifiable and then be called stunning in that image? Its a clear example of what some models go through, and for those models who are brave enough to protest, I stand with you as it is insane.

I don't want to ramble till the morning, so I will end this post here with a my final thoughts.

No Matter what you look like, and who you are. All that matters is that you are happy and healthy. The little things like makeup can empower you, but don't believe in false ideals as they are inhuman and crazy. You are a human in a human body so don't edit yourself to become an alien, be proud of the body you're given and work it girl, as you can work it better than Nicki M can twerk it. 

I may have to recite that to myself even, we all have completely altered ideas of who and what we want to look like without realising that we do. Anyway, I hope you all have had an amazing day, and as always... Stay Fabulous Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment